At Craddock Murray Neumann, our highly experienced team of immigration lawyers and registered migration agents can assist you or your loved ones with application for a Medical Treatment Visa.
Our solicitors will be able to advise you on the legal requirements of a Medical Treatment visa, inform you of the criteria for eligibility, and prepare and lodge this visa on your behalf.
Please contact us on (02) 8268 4000 for advice in relation to this visa or whether you or your family members are eligible for the Medical Treatment (subclass 602) visa.
Medical Treatment visa (subclass 602)
This visa will allow you and your family members to stay in Australia to seek medical treatment.
You may apply for this visa if you are:
- undergoing a medical treatment plan or consultation in Australia
- donating or receiving an organ;
- accompanying a patient or an organ donor
You can also enter Australia for medical treatment if one of the following applies to you:
- you are entering Australia as a patient under the arrangements between the Western Province of Papua New Guinea and the Queensland Department of Health; or
- you are currently in Australia and 50 years or older, and you have been refused a permanent visa because of your health
Children can apply for a Medical Treatment Visa (Subclass 602), subject to their parental consent. Other conditions apply.
You must meet the financial requirement of this visa and provide details that you are able to fund the treatment. People who come to Australia on a Medical Treatment (Subclass 602) visa cannot claim Australian Government health benefits.
Length of stay:
- If you are applying while you are in Australia, your visa will be valid for up to 12 months depending on the length of your treatment
- If you are applying from outside of Australia, this visa is usually granted for up to 3 months, subject to other conditions and criteria
This visa is an incorporation of the previous two visas and the requirements of this visa have been curtailed. If you have previously been on either the Medical Treatment Long Stay visa (subclass 685) or Medical Treatment (Short Stay) visa (subclass 675) visas, we recommend that you contact us in relation to the new requirements of this visa.
The above is only a summary and other conditions and requirements apply and we recommend that you contact us for further information about meeting other criteria for this visa.
Warning: this page states the law in relation to the Medical Treatment Visas as at 01.09.2014. Australian immigration law is complex; and the law may have changed since this page was written. Please contact us for further advice.